Most commonly used as an economic ground cover for landscaping large areas. This mulch is great at retaining water, thus providing a water supply to your plants in the driest summers. Apply at a minimum thickness of 100mm deep to create the ultimate weed suppressant. Derived from 100% New Zealand pine tree harvesting.
Size: Screened at 0-50mm, will contain stringy and woody (white wood) otherwise known as cambium parts of the bark.
Safe Handling Tips & Advice: Click Here
Time before re-mulching: Approximately two years (minimum)
Similar to all other mulches, bark has impeccable water retention and weed suppressant qualities. Used more as a “natural” aesthetic tool than a decorative one. Being made from a byproduct of screening other grades, this product naturally blends into the garden and provides an almost effortlessly perfect look to the garden.
Perfect for hilly or sloping terrains as the “stringy” nature of the cambium in this product helps to knit and seemingly hold the fibres together. A combination of living and dead cells; Cambium refers to the inner and outer layers of the tree wood it covered. It is the second layer in depth from the outside of the tree. Particularly in rain, it is perfect for rolling embankments as the rain passes right through and gets stored within the product to be used by the plants in drier months.
- Naturally maintains soil moisture in the summer and retains heat in the winter
- Helps in the suppression of weeds (if laid at a minimum depth of 100mm)
- Naturally binds and holds on sloping surfaces; even against most rains and winds.
- Can be used with or without a weedmat. When coupled with a weedmat, the suppression of weeds is increased.
Perfect around the base of any plants or trees within your yard, it is often seen in show homes and in commercial or public landscapes. This is mainly because it can absorb and take on the nutrients of any other garden media that falls into it; leaves, animal manure, twigs, etc. and propagates it to become part of the protective layer. Through natural elemental cyclisation and the movement of insects, such as worms, the mulch is naturally turned over and the soil is increasingly receiving the benefits of this additional organic matter. Additionally, as it appears to be entirely natural when placed in the yard, this process typically goes completely unnoticed.
Mulch operates as a natural insulation system for the earth. Compare it to the insulation you might find in your home; it keeps the warmth in in the winter, and keeps the place cool in the summer. Bark Mulch operates in a similar way; it keeps the roots warm and protected from frost-heaving (a process where the roots expand in the changing temperatures of hot and cold until they are literally forced out of the ground) in the winter, and provides a steady supply of water in the summer. As a general rule, you can use it to compliment and improve any garden as it helps improve the virility of the soil and helps not only keep the plants alive but healthy also.
FREE Shipping on orders in our metropolitan Auckland delivery areas*
- Delivery is available free throughout our metropolitan Auckland delivery zones. .
- Within Auckland, this typically means South to Pukekohe, North to Albany, West to Titirangi and East to Bucklands Beach. If you’re unsure, upon entering our website the address popup will advise you if there are any additional costs to your nominated address.
- DELIVERY CONDITIONS: Our deliveries are made by truck mounted moffat/forklift machine for bulk bag orders. We recommend you measure the narrowest point of your access and advise us of this measurement. We require a minimum width of 2.7 meters to access your property. These deliveries cannot be made into garages/carports, over fences, on steep hills/slopes or where low power lines or over hanging trees are in place. We cannot drive on or over soft grass or ground as the forklift will likely damage the area or get stuck (this includes lawns or driveway mowing strips). The forklift has a triangular wheel set up under the forklift with 3 wheel points, for maneuverability. If you are unsure if delivery is possible, please contact us and we will do our best to advise you. Please email us if you would like a quote for hiab delivery (should you require over fence access). All cubic metre, half metre and quarter metre bags, once emptied, are to be returned to us. We will collect and recycled for free, they must still be in a re-useable condition or a $20 per bag fee may be applicable. Please note: Truck mounted forklifts are specialised machines, needing specific conditions to successfully deliver. Whilst Cubag and the delivery drivers will take all care and effort to make sure orders are delivered as per your delivery instructions, we are unable to guarantee exact placement. Should the driver deem your products be unable to be delivered in the location you requested, the driver will unload in the next possible, safest spot at his sole discretion. We will attempt to contact you while the truck is onsite should this occur, please ensure you are contactable by the phone number supplied on delivery day. If the truck mounted forklift is unable to access a property, delivery is refused or the order cannot be delivered onsite, a delivery fee of $40.00 per bag with a minimum fee of $100.00 for orders placed using our free delivery will be charged, or any delivery charges you have paid will be non-refundable, re-delivery will incur additional delivery fees. These fees will be deducted from your refund.
- Additionally, if site access is tricky we offer we also offer hiab truck mounted cranes for difficult access jobs. Additional delivery costs apply for crane services which at your request are automatically added to your cart upon checkout.
- Handy Bags (carry-able bags): a minimum order quantity of 10 applies. Quantities of up to 10 bags can be hand lifted and delivered (unless requested otherwise) and any order quantities of 10 or more are supplied on a recyclable pallet. We will then collect the pallets upon completion of your job so that we can re-use and recycle them.
- For Ponga Logs & Railway Sleepers, all products are either hand delivered, crane delivered (extra charges apply) or in some circumstances, when safe, tipped of the back of a tipper truck.
Still unsure if your address will receive free delivery?:
- Contact us on 0800 47 33 66 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
*On orders of 1m³ of the same product or greater across all products, excluding railway sleepers and ponga logs. If you're unsure of delivery, then please contact our support team at email@example.com
Cubag is the New Zealand's leading supplier of home delivered bagged landscape supplies, and we have many great reasons to buy from us. We are a customer focused company because we always put client satisfaction as our number one priority. Our goal is to take the hassle and mess out of traditional means of the delivery of your bulk garden supplies. With an easy to use web interface, instant toll free support we’re here to serve your needs. Shop with us today and see why many clients rave about our service.br />
Here are just a few of the reason why you should buy from us:
- FREE DELIVERY across metro Auckland and Wellington.
- Best price GUARANTEED! …. Or we pay you!
- On time delivery GUARANTEED! …. Or we pay you!
- 90 Day 100% money back GUARANTEE.
- Bulk discounts …. The more you order, the more you save.
- No mess on your driveway, all bulk products contained in our no mess cubic metre bags.
- Saves you time, no need to leave home - order online
- Impeccable Customer Service
- Secure ordering.
- All major credit cards accepted. Earn credit card points or air points on all purchases
- Hundreds of satisfied customers!
All of our growing media ingredients are locally sourced from New Zealand’s leading suppliers and only top quality ingredients are used in our mixes. We have a full range of soils and mulches to serve any need, often with a blend tailor made for a specific growing purpose.
Your “cubag” comes with a skirt sealed top and a bag that is recyclable, water resistant and ready to work when you are!
This industry-leading guarantee is our way of saying you can count on us to get your soils, stones and mulches to your destination, on-time and on budget every time or we’ll make it up to you. We are ultra-confident that your bags will arrive on schedule and on budget, in fact we guarantee it.
Put simply, CUBAGs 3D guarantee is the best guarantee in the landscape supply game on earth, period.
- Delivered: on time or your money back ! .... plus we pay you $100 for the inconvenience.
- Discounts: the best home delivered price guaranteed ! .... or we pay you the difference, plus $100.
- 90 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee .... if for any reason you are not satisfied we will collect the goods and refund your money, no questions asked.
THE NOT SO FINE, FINE PRINT
If your bags do not arrive by the end of the scheduled day or (without agreement) before or after your scheduled delivery date, barring breakdowns/mechanical issues, motorway closures or natural disaster events beyond our control, we will refund your money and reimburse you a further $100. Should your order qualify under the guarantee, you decide you still want the product and decide to accept late or early deliveries we will still reimburse you the $100, unless you have agreed to or requested an earlier or later delivery date.
Product comparisons must be:
- Compared with an identical product that is eligible for delivery within Cubag's free delivery zones.
- In cubic metre bags & mobile forklift delivered. i.e. not compared versus a bulk tipper load of product.
- Priced with the bag/packaging inclusive in the price. i.e. no bag deposits or prices that are net of bag/packaging costs.
- Verifiable either online or in printed advertisements.
Best delivered price guarantee is also valid for 30 days after your purchase.
90 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee:
Applies to our 1m3 regularly stocked website products on free delivery orders only. Does not apply to custom freight, outer area, hiab deliveries, special order products, carryable (small) bags, 0.25m3, 0.5m3 or quantities over 4m3.
Applies to full bags only, not opened bags with product extracted from it or product already tipped out or spread in the garden.
We will pick up and collect the product freight free anytime within 90 days.
Any refunds are GST inclusive and will be treated as a credit versus your initial purchase and credit back to the same credit card or bank account that you initially paid with.
Should your initial purchase be under $100 then the balance will be credited against your account for future use.